Saturday, November 3, 2012

Yep--more


When Muslims bow down during prayer, their faces are wet from either sweating or from the washing before prayers. They then touch their foreheads to the ground in front of them. Therefor, the sand on the foreheads means someone has just been doing prayers.

These twins are sitting with their mother

The doomed sheep
Men at prayers.
 
Prayers at the chief's compound
Issah and one side of his family (one wife, Amina).
Issah and the other side of his family (other wife, Alijah)
SAM, DW, and their son
 
 
 

The men at Tahiru's moto repair shop love Connect 4

Bintu pounds some fufu for us. I used the sun to make a cool photo
Saidu's family
 
 
We drink moringa tea with friends

Our group who likes to watch nature films has grown!
We prepare some carrot beds at the garden
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jordan and Sarah - I was happy to read the article in the Aberdeen American News about your service in Ghana. I am from Aberdeen (CHS 1990) and work as the Director of Programming and Training for Peace Corps Botswana. Thanks for working on goal three and talking to so many groups while you're back home! I hope you've inspired some PCVs-to-be. And thanks for your service in general - you're surely an inspiration to many people. Best, Heather Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heather, thanks so much for the comment. Its great to hear you read the article. It was a blast to go home and present at my old schools. I was a graduate in 2003 so I saw many of my old teachers at the Middle and elementary schools. I hope all is well in Botswana, and thanks for connecting with us!
    Jordan

    ReplyDelete